About this role
We are now looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer for our organization, someone with a deep interest in cloud infrastructure and/or enabling fast feedback loops for developers by developing continuous integration capabilities. You will belong to a small and passionate team responsible for developing our infrastructure and technology stack; the foundation for the deployment of our video analytics platform that thousands of cameras across the world are connected to.
Some of the technologies we use:
- Go and C++
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Kafka, Redis and Postgres
- Elastic and Grafana
- Git and CircleCI
We strongly believe in, and our company culture is based on freedom and responsibility. For us that means you will be given extensive freedom to make strategic technical decisions while meeting our ambitious standards and making decisions in a responsible way. You will be located at our headquarters in Gothenburg where we are a team with a lot of positive energy and a strong sense of community.
Who we think you are
To be successful in this role, we expect you will bring experience of working with product development and/or solutions that leverage cloud infrastructure. Experience with on premise deployments is a plus. You also need a good understanding of organizational aspects of software development and of how to collaborate efficiently with others.
- At least 4 years of experience from working with cloud infrastructure and tooling for large-scale applications with high performance requirements.
- Strong knowledge of multiple of the technologies we use, e.g., Kubernetes, databases and messaging systems. Kubernetes administrator certificate is a plus.
- General interest and knowledge in security.
- A strong desire to collaborate with others and to contribute to team success.
- Great understanding of both Windows and Linux build environment and toolchains.
- Excellent communication and organization skills and great personal initiative and drive, with an ability to understand the requirements of different stakeholders, keeping things organized, and making things happen.
- Proficiency in English. Swedish is a plus but not a requirement.
- A degree in computer science or software engineering. Alternatively, a combination of other relevant education (formal or self-taught) and experience.
Nice to have
- Linux administrator knowledge, e.g., knowledge in kernels, different distributions etc.
At Irisity, we develop video analytics software for the security industry with profound respect for personal integrity and privacy, focusing on detecting suspicious activity rather than exposing personal identity. Our system excels at the automatic detection of unwanted activity, such as intruders at construction sites at night, or people climbing roofs or breaking windows. We focus on detecting and preventing criminal activity without registering the identity of regular citizens. At sensitive installations such as schools, our system anonymizes all individuals to hide their identity, to make sure that the invasion of privacy is kept at a zero level. This way, our system can detect what happens and alert, leading to reduced crime rates and increased safety without any negative effects on personal privacy.
Irisity AB (publ) is a public company listed at OMX Nasdaq First North, with offices in Sweden, Israel, USA, Singapore, the UAE, Denmark, and Brazil. We currently employ a staff of 90+ people in development, sales, support, and finance. Our R&D department consists of a computer vision / machine learning team with a high number of PhDs together with an excellent group of system architects, designers, and software developers. Our software is packaged into a complete cloud-based SaaS platform marketed towards large global customers and with thousands of cameras connected.
We are now looking for more skilled, friendly, and passionate people who want to participate in making sure that the camera security industry ends up on the right side of history.
As a global company, we value diverse, inclusive teams that can contribute to our team success through their unique perspectives and experiences and backgrounds.
We are looking forward to receiving your application. Selection and interviews will be performed continuously. Read more at www.irisity.com